I am a software engineer, weekend contrabassist, and occasional public speaker.
I write English blog as well as Japanese blog once in a while.
I tweet from @remore and email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm currently a software engineering manager at Media Technology Lab. while I'm VP of Engineering at NIJIBOX Co.,Ltd. at the same time.
Aside from this, I do some hobby programming as well. My most popular repository is Burn, which is a toolkit to create 8-bit flavored application. In 2014 Burn v0.2 release is announced on reddit and HackerNews, and it spread to every corner of the world almost overnight.
Lately I'm woking on virtual_module and julializer projects, both of which are experimental projects to make your Ruby program run much faster towards Ruby 3x3 goal.
It has been more than 7 years already since I have started to play double bass, but I'm still struggling to learn the fundamentals. Suzuki double bass, Dörfler bow, Belcanto strings and Pop's rosin along with MSP-BASSk01 for pickup are my favorite.
I give talks very occasionally. Most of them are about technical theme like below:
- 30min talk at RubyConf Taiwan 2016 - How I made a pure-Ruby word2vec program more than 3x faster
- 5min lightning talk at RubyConf 2016 - A PoC-ish Trick: LLVM IR Generation with Ruby
- 30min talk at Oedo RubyKaigi 05 - 詳解🔍Burn🔥
- 30min talk at RubyKaigi 2014 - 8bit Game Development With Ruby
- 30min talk at PHPConferenceJapan 2011 - アジャイル開発とTDDを半年間実践してみた顛末と、これから
- 30min talk at TDD BootCamp Tokyo 1.5 - TDDを実践してわかったTDDつまづくあるあると自分なりの乗り越え方まとめ